Here we are again already! Things are getting better this week, I've been missing James a lot but it's only four more sleeps until he's home now so the worst is over. I'm also now off work for over a week which was definitely needed! Let's recap seven things that have made me happy this week...
1. I saw my dad for the first time in absolutely ages. I think I often forget how wonderful his company can be, and telling him all about my recent troubles felt like a huge weight off my shoulders. He's always so accepting and supportive of who I am and what I choose to do.
2. I also got to spend some time with my mum, younger brother and his girlfriend. This included my brother's girlfriend telling us that he once woke her up in the middle of the night, yelled "Make way for Noddy!" in her face and went back to sleep. I will cherish this information forever. Also my mum made me dauphinoise potatoes, the king of potato dishes.
3. On Friday I got to have a girls night with my housemate and an old colleague of ours who moved away. It was so much fun to see her, we ended up at the Waterfront dancing like idiots and having a laugh.
4. On Saturday I went to the Blueberry to watch a very old friend of mine play a gig. He moved to Leeds for Uni and started a band there, this was the first time they've played in Norwich. There were so many people there who I hadn't seen in years, it was amazing to dance to some awesome ska music with old friends. My friend's band (The Indecision) were absolutely amazing, so definitely check them out.
5. Today my housemate and I went to Bill's for breakfast. We both had the blueberry and buttermilk pancakes, which were pretty tasty. We then spent the day doing a spot of shopping (I bought an awesome new throw) and built ourselves a cupboard for our bathroom, which is super cute.
6. I managed to go to the gym three times this week, running a total of just over 13k. I also managed to do some yoga every day (except Saturday because I was very hungover) and am still totally loving it.
7. I've bought and wrapped all of James' birthday presents. His birthday isn't for another month yet, and I may add a few extras but I'm pleased with myself for getting it all ready so early. Now I just have to resist the urge to tell him what everything is!